The Post-Secondary Community Immersion Program is a 100% community based post-secondary program for young adults, ages 18-22. The program teaches lifeskills such as travel training, job readiness, cooking and social skills in an inclusive and age – appropriate environment.
There are many examples of the power and impact of this program. This year:
- Seven students are working in paid direct hire jobs (Round Table Pizza, Levi’s Stadium, Jamba Juice, Goodwill, Safeway and Ariosa Diagnostics)
- One student spoke at the TASH National Conference for teachers and advocates of people with disabilities
- One student is now on the ICC board at West Valley College as president of the Chess Club
- The C.I.P. program hosted its first social event for other transition programs in the county at Vasona Park (Game Day at the Park)
- Students raised money for Honors Night by selling raffle tickets and baked goods and mason jar cookies
For more information, please contact:
The new and improved Post Secondary Bistro - what a summer facelift. All work done by Post Secondary staff and students - Wow!